A speech on a wedding party. (By the mother of the bride/groom)

I am at a complete loss of words to express my happiness for this beautiful event that highlights Dave and Jennifer’s love for each other. I am also deeply thankful that this occasion provided for the harmonious blending of the Powell and the Spencer’s families. I hope this pleasant relationship continues as it will not only secure the support of both families for Dave and Jennifer but will also guide our new couple as they relate to each other’s respective families.

This wedding has gifted us with the son I have been longing for. I am happy, Dave, thus far, has shown the qualities of the son I have longed for and have envisioned for my family.

Dave and Jennifer, this event marks the start of your life together. As your parents, we certainly wish you the best that life may offer. However, while we only want the best for you, both of you understand that life is not a bed of roses, that you will experience many ups and downs as you journey together. Your happiness will be our happiness and fulfillment but do not forget, in moments of trials we will always be with you to give you the best support that we are capable of.

To the principal sponsors who have become part of this couples family, the two will need you too as they face the many tests that they will undergo while adjusting to each other and to the new responsibilities that they will face. I believe you are the ideal people they can model from. Please be generous with your pieces of advice and with life’s lessons that may enlighten and inspire them.

Lastly, Dave and Jennifer, do not forget the One who is responsible for all these. Make Him the center of your family life and everything that you will ask from Him will just come to you. Surrender to Him at the end of each of your day your joys and pains. With His blessings and your commitment to your marriage vows, I am sure you will find contentment in your married life

To everyone who are witnesses of this beautiful blessing from God, thank you for sharing with us these beautiful moments. I am certain Dave and Jennifer will remember tonight and you with love and gratitude. Thank you again, I hope you, too, enjoyed with us.